How to use the Surname Research Collaboration Tool
Here you will find a listing of surnames that are being researched by other members of the Iowa Genealogical Society. If you find a common surname that you are also researching, this tool can be used as a way to contact them and collaborate your efforts. Image the progress that can be gained when partnering with someone else!
Selecting the “eye” icon will display details concerning the surname.
Select the “envelope” icon and complete for form to send a message to the member that listed the surname being researched.
Would you like to list a surname that you are researching?
- You must be an IGS member.
- After logging into the IGS website, go to the section named “Your Membership Profile”
- Select the tab named “Surnames”
- Use the “+” icon to create a new entry, and complete the form.
- Once the form is completed, select the “Save” button.
- You will find your entry displayed on the “Surname” page