WELCOME TO THE IGS PRESSROOM
We appreciate your interest in family history and in our organization. For requests for media interviews, please contact the IGS President, IGS Publicity Chair or IGS Staff by email or phone: 515-276-0287.
The Iowa Genealogical Society, a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, was founded in 1965 by a small group of dedicated genealogists who met in members’ houses and carried the original collection in an orange crate. Today, our membership is worldwide and the book collection alone spans the length of over five football fields.
We are funded entirely by our membership. IGS receives no federal or state funds nor are we affiliated with or sponsored by any other group or religious organization. Our facility and collection exist due to the generosity of our members.
- Conference & Annual Meeting 2014
- Somewhere in Time: IGS Wedding Memories Special Exhibit May 2012
- Fall Conference 2011 Highlights Native American Ancestry
- IGS Launches Saving Face Campaign, September 2011
- Membership Brochure
- Fall Conference & Annual Meeting
- Class Schedule
- IGS Bimonthly Newsletter
- Special Interest Groups
Iowa Genealogical Society
628 E Grand Ave
Des Moines IA 50309-1924