Tracing your Irish & Scots-Irish Ancestors
Monday, March 10, 2014, 9 am to 5 pm at the IGS Library West Wing
Fintan Mullan and Gillian Hunt from the Ulster Historical Foundation in Belfast, Ireland, will present a seminar for beginners and active family historians.
- Introduction to Irish & Scots-Irish Family History Research
- Researching the Farming community in the 18th & 19th Centuries
- The Ulster Plantation: Sources for 17th Century Families
- Records relating to the different churches in Ireland
- Emigration from the North of Ireland to North America in the Eighteenth century (the story of the Scots-Irish)
- Solving your “Brick-Walls” – Practical Internet Tutorial & Resolving Research Queries
Fintan Mullan is currently executive Director of the Ulster Historical Foundation being responsible for the general management of the Foundation, and educational non-profit organization which specializes in historical research and publications. He has spoken widely on computerized sources for Irish genealogy, both in Ireland and internationally at conferences and festivals. Gillian Hunt is Research Officer with the Foundation.
Sponsored by the Irish Interest Group of the Iowa Genealogical Society.