- Help, support and friendship of like-minded folk
- Discounts on educational opportunities, classes and conferences and on research fees
- Access to Members Only classes
- Networking opportunities (which means you get answers)
- Email notification of upcoming events and classes
- Access to genealogical interest groups
- Help tearing down “brick walls”
- Opportunity to participate in special projects
You may purchase yearly membership as an individual or as a family for yourself or as a gift. Memberships and donations are the only source of funds for the Iowa Genealogical Society a 501(c)3 non-profit society. Your membership is valid for one year from the date you join. Fees are in USD.
Individual – You
Family – You and other family members at your address
Become a member of the Iowa Genealogical Society (IGS).
Join by mail
If you prefer to print and mail a membership form to the IGS click here.
Please send membership application via mail to:
Iowa Genealogical Society
628 E Grand Ave
Des Moines IA 50309-1924
When sending your request for membership, please include if it’s a new membership or a renewal.
You can volunteer your time, knowledge, and expertise to help others in their pursuit of genealogy or help the society to function by volunteering for a committee, to organize special events, to give tours of the library, be a speaker for or at the Society or do research for others.