- Help, support and friendship of like-minded folk
- Discounts on educational opportunities, classes and conferences and on research fees
- Access to Members Only classes
- Networking opportunities (which means you get answers)
- Email notification of upcoming events and classes
- Access to genealogical interest groups
- Help tearing down “brick walls”
- Opportunity to participate in special projects
You may purchase yearly membership as an individual or as a family for yourself or as a gift. Memberships and donations are the only source of funds for the Iowa Genealogical Society a 501(c)3 non-profit society. Your membership is valid for one year from the date you join. A handling charge of $2.50 is included. Fees are in USD.
Individual – You
Family – You and other family members at your address.
Join by mail
If you prefer to print and mail a membership form to the IGS click here.
Please send membership application via mail to:
Iowa Genealogical Society
628 E Grand Ave
Des Moines IA 50309-1924
When sending your request for membership, please include if it’s a new membership or a renewal.
Donations to support the Society are always welcome. They may be for operating funds, building maintenance, endowment, books, preservation, equipment or unrestricted.
You can volunteer your time, knowledge, and expertise to help others in their pursuit of genealogy or help the society to function by volunteering for a committee, to organize special events, to give tours of the library, be a speaker for or at the Society or do research for others.