- Help, support and friendship of like-minded folk
- Discounts on educational opportunities, classes and conferences and on research fees
- Access to Members Only classes
- Networking opportunities (which means you get answers)
- Email notification of upcoming events and classes
- Access to genealogical interest groups
- Help tearing down “brick walls”
- Opportunity to participate in special projects
There are annual fall and spring conferences with lectures, workshops and vendors.
You may purchase yearly membership as an individual or as a family for yourself or as a gift. Memberships and donations are the only source of funds for the Iowa Genealogical Society a 501(c)3 non-profit society.
Please send membership via mail to:
628 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309-1924
When sending your request for membership, please include if it’s a new membership or a renewal.
Your membership is valid for one year from the date you join.
Membership fees are in U.S. dollars. Membership dues are not prorated for partial membership period.
You can volunteer your time, knowledge, and expertise to help others in their pursuit of genealogy or help the society to function by volunteering for a committee, to organize special events, to give tours of the library, be a speaker for or at the Society or do research for others.
Donations to support the Society are always welcome. They may be for operating funds, building maintenance, endowment, books, preservation, equipment or unrestricted.